on the other side of the lens
engaged for almost four months, i believe “the bride” and i have accomplished quite a lot now. see, we’ve booked our church-st. james the great(est) and the venue-fernbrook. being a supplier and all, i thought this is gonna be a piece of cake, not! being a supplier makes it even worse! here are the stuff that makes our preparation totally crazy:
1. caterer – since i’ve basically tasted ’em all, i really thought that they all taste the same. seriously, until we had our first food tasting as a “couple hunting for suppliers” and for the first time i tasted the difference, the difference, may i add, made me say ‘i should’ve eaten breakfast, d@mnit!’ :)
2. photographer – very sensitive stuff. these guys are mostly the people i interact with on the wedding day so it is totally impossible for me to choose. that being said, “the bride” and i decided that she’ gonna be the one to pick for us and i’m gonna be the one to call and haggle for discounts. :) fair enough, i guess.
3. videographer – i don’t want to edit my own wedding and it’s ridiculous to do an onsite video of my own wedding. just the thought of it is making me sarcastically laugh at myself…read my lips, i mean blog, i-want-jason-magbanua!!! i-want-him!!! who else to get but the world’s number one,
and since i’m just number two, i don’t want me, i want him… (ok, let’s be honest here, we all know who’s number one and we all know that everybody says their number 2 and since you’re reading my blog, then in this case, until before you leave, i am number two. haha, you know i’m kidding right?) unfortunately, for the time being, we can’t afford him yet…i wonder though, if i can lend him my cameras, my laptop for the onsite, blank dvds for the final video, plus i get him as one of my ninongs, maybe, just maybe, i can get him for free…i mean 50% less. :)
4. hair and make up – not my problem… :)
5. coordinator – …and i remember somebody saying you can’t buy peace of mind…huh?!?
plus, there’s the couturier, flowers, invitations, don’t even get me started with the entourage selection…man, getting married ain’t easy. lucky for us, we still have a year and a half to prepare.
by the way, our new wedsite is up maintained by none other than “the bride” herself. if you have some extra time, check it out, better yet, sign the guestbook! address is bimandgen.weddingannouncer.com.